The Good, The Bad, and the Weird
- A barn to the east of Boonville that was converted to a full mad science workshop. Rufus Rankine inherited from his uncle Thaddeus F. Rankine.
- Workshop: Grants all the same bonuses as a full workshop as described in Smith & Robards
- Scientific Volumes: Contains books on various scientific subjects including mechanics, geology, medicine & human anatomy, and physics. Any character that spends one week’s time studying these books may purchase the first level of the appropriate Science or Medicine aptitudes of their choice using Bounty Points. (Characters wanting to purchase Medicine: Surgery must still also fulfill the requirements as detailed in the Player’s Guide.)
- Blueprints: Shovel Gun (Reliability 14), Gatling Pistol (Reliability 14), Steam Wagon (Reliability 12), Bullet-proof waders (Reliability 10), Sonic Fish Repeller (Reliability 14)
- Journals: Along with his many possessions Thaddeus also left behind his old journals. Any character that reads these journals begins to understand the methods behind his madness and may purchase the Arcane Background: Mad Scientist Edge and Mad Science aptitude at the usual cost. The first rank in Mad Science must be purchased at the same time as the Edge so the character will need a total of 10 Bounty Points at least.
- New Science Magazines: See Smith and Robards for full details.
- Spare Parts: Scattered about the workshop are a variety of spare parts that can be used to repair any damaged gizmos. There is a total of $1500 worth of various machinery around for this purpose.